Ar/libtool deadlock in 10.5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon running 10.5.2
Hello,

I have been developing a C++/C project(both are used in different parts of the project) on OSX. The project is being configured and built using autotools. I began to use an singleton pattern for a configuration class, with static variables and getInstance() for an accessor function. When make clean and make are run repeatedly the system hardlocks during the ar command. The ar command being run is(obviously the names the object files have been changed):

ar cru .libs/libxxx.a a.o b.o c.o d.o e.o f.o g.o h.o i.o j.o k.o config.o

I was originally able to remove the behavior by removing some inlined code elsewhere in the project but the error is now occurring with the insertion of some fairly simple code:

Config * config = (*m_configs)[user];

Here m_configs is a pointer to a map(specifically map<string, Config *>) of instances of the Config class, this map is indexed by the user and this code is being inserted in the getInstance(user) function.

I am unable to post much more of my code but would appreciate any help or experience others have with this.

Thanks

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon running 10.5.2
Appears to have been hardware problem

Thanks to any time in try and solve this problem I appear to have isolated as a hardware issues. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.