Bash Script

F

ftjogoh

A Friend and I have written a bash that emulates the enigma encription machine used by the germans during WWII.

I tested this script on my Intel PIII 933 and it runs circles around my POWERBOOK G4 1.5ghz.

I am not bashing mac just wondering why this might happen.
I ran the bash script with the time command and on my 933 it took 12 seconds for 355 letters to be encoded on the G4 it took 1 minute and 35 seconds to do the same job...

Just wondering ... oh and as well (( a little off the topic but...)) I am able to VPN to my OFFICE which is MS PPTP VPN.. I do not get an internal network IP address and cannot connect to our exchange server with mail.. I am able to do this if I am at the office but not through VPN... might it be that I am connected via my Airport Express card although I use the same card to connect at the office ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
Depends on the OS on your PC, but in my experience PCs are always considerably faster than their Mac counterparts...my own PC and Mac included. *shrug*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.