• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Genentech beta tests 2.0 iphone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
Did you all know that Genentech has already started rolling out 2.0 firmware iphones with exchange support. I have seen my friends's iphones (genentech employess) and how they enjoy getting their emails on the iphone. Its outrageous that my company refused to push email to my iphone .

Thats right all Genentech employees's blackberries are being replaced by iphone. Also they have started deploying Macbook Pro's to certain group of end users.

FYI. This is not a rumor. THis is a report.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It's also illegal. Anyone who has been given beta versions of the firmware are most likely under strict agreement not to release any details on it, let alone the firmware itself. I hope none of your friends are actual Apple beta testers, because they won't be for long.

This thread will probably be closed/deleted very soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But they can't sell them. The OPer said they are "rolling out 2.0 iphones" which sounds like they're selling them. I don't think Apple would be happy about that.

OP
mojonandha
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
Genentech is a part of the Enterprise Beta program which means everyone who has blackberry in genetech, will now get the iphone which obviously has 2.0 firmware . thats what rolling out 2.0 iphone means. Dig that?

And if my friends in this company are actually using the 2.0 versions of the iphone, i would call them beta testers. Not tat i care but you can disagree.

P.S: Its not an assumption that they are on 2.0 coz i did actually see in their Settings -> General --> About area.

What would this thread get deleted soon? can u explain? I am sure you got something to say!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I've heard of this too, there is nothing wrong with this information being discussed, it's already in the public domain.

What would this thread get deleted soon? can u explain? I am sure you got something to say!

Just because a couple of posters misunderstood your post, doesn't excuse getting cocky about it. In the current climate, it's hard to know what information to take seriously and what not too. Most people mean well, honest! :D

OP
mojonandha
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've heard of this too, there is nothing wrong with this information being discussed, it's already in the public domain.

Just because a couple of posters misunderstood your post, doesn't excuse getting cocky about it. In the current climate, it's hard to know what information to take seriously and what not too. Most people mean well, honest! :D

umm I agree, that was unnecessary. I am not here to start flame wars.

Peace

Reaction score
Did you all know that Genentech has already started rolling out 2.0 firmware iphones with exchange support. I have seen my friends's iphones (genentech employess) and how they enjoy getting their emails on the iphone. Its outrageous that my company refused to push email to my iphone .

Thats right all Genentech employees's blackberries are being replaced by iphone. Also they have started deploying Macbook Pro's to certain group of end users.

FYI. This is not a rumor. THis is a report.

Half accurate but its exaggerated. Yes Genentech has a EBP and has been testing the iphone for awhile. Are there current plans to replace all bb, no it will be an option. And MBP has been an option for a certain level of employee for sometime, this is nothing new just some additional groups have been allowed to select it as an option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you all know that Genentech has already started rolling out 2.0 firmware iphones with exchange support. I have seen my friends's iphones (genentech employess) and how they enjoy getting their emails on the iphone.

Based on this part I read, and not having a clue what Genentech is, it sounds a lot like you're saying this company is selling iPhones with 2.0 firmware on it ( as in "Apple is rolling out it's 3G iphone in June"); or at the very least they are possibly people who got ahold of 2.0 firmware without being authorization of Apple. If that were the case, what I initially said would be true.

A little better explanation would have helped. It was a simple misunderstanding, so please calm down and squeeze your stress ball or something. As I understand it now, this doesn't honestly even seem like appropriate Apple rumors and reports information since it doesn't have any new or interesting Apple information. It's more like Genentech news and report.

The fact that it's located in this this subforum is another reason I misunderstood the post. I mean, if it really has nothing to do with new info on the iPhone and/or not relatable to the general population of forum members who aren't a part of this Genentech, then what is the value of the post? I'm not trying to be rude, but maybe I still don't understand the point of the initial post and it's relation to Apple rumors and reports.

Reaction score
Based on this part I read, and not having a clue what Genentech is, it sounds a lot like you're saying this company is selling iPhones with 2.0 firmware on it ( as in "Apple is rolling out it's 3G iphone in June"); or at the very least they are possibly people who got ahold of 2.0 firmware without being authorization of Apple. If that were the case, what I initially said would be true.

A little better explanation would have helped. It was a simple misunderstanding, so please calm down and squeeze your stress ball or something. As I understand it now, this doesn't honestly even seem like appropriate Apple rumors and reports information since it doesn't have any new or interesting Apple information. It's more like Genentech news and report. The fact that it's located in this this subforum is another reason I misunderstood the post. I mean, if it really has nothing to do with new info on the iPhone or the general population of forum members who aren't a part of this Genentech, then what is the value of the post? I'm not trying to be rude, but maybe I still don't understand the point of the initial post and it's relation to Apple rumors and reports.

fleurya, its very safe to say Genentech is not selling the phones. I think the OP is trying to say that a very large organization is going all Mac which would be a big boost for apple sales if it becomes a industry standard, which is simply not the case. One of the largest dept. at GNE cannot go mac - well at least not w/o running fusion/boot camp. As well as several of the industry standard software packages are pc-ie only. The interest isn't hard to figure out or hidden when you look at the company's affiliations (GNE and Apple).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I looked up the company and figured that now. I saw the beta test in the subject, but apparently read too much into the post while not knowing what Genentech was.

According to Google Finance the whole company only has 11,474 employees, so even if each one of them were issued iPhones, it's wouldn't be a massive sale on Apple's part. It's a lot of people from a personal perspective, but doesn't seem very big from a business perspective.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11,000 iPhones is not a big sale???

Not necessarily for a company that did $24 billion in sales last year. Plus I would venture a guess that probably 10% of employees, at best, would actually get iPhones, but who knows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Not necessarily for a company that did $24 billion in sales last year. Plus I would venture a guess that probably 10% of employees, at best, would actually get iPhones, but who knows.

But that's not the point though, there are other companies doing this too - apparently 1 third of fortune 500 companies have expressed an interest in taking on the iPhone for corporate use (my company, Deutsche Bank has just introduced a 'Device Neutrality' initiative, so I can now take my Mac to work and connect to the network - DB employs 75,000 people.)

I am not sure if I'd take an iPhone over a Blackberry. I cannot imagine banging out emails quickly on the iPhone (but perhaps I'd get used to it). Additionally, companies may lock the machine down so much that it's simply not worth it. For example, I cannot access personal email on my Blackberry, and I would expect that to be imposed on any iPhone I might own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.