Two nVidia Quadro FX 5600 in one Mac Pro?

Reaction score
ok guys, I'm wondering if it's possible to put two nVidia Quadro FX 5600 in one Mac Pro?

The card it self has support for SLI so it is possible hook up two cards together but this card is quite large and takes a lot of power.

Is there room in a Mac Pro for two of these giants?

Any help is welcome :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
If I had to guess, I would assume you could. It is a double wide card so the second card would over the 3rd PCIe slot. The only thing I wonder about is the extra power connection on the logic board for another video card. The 8800 GT requires more power so there is an extra cable running from the back of the card to the logic board. If there is only one connection, maybe the Mac Pro can only one high end card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
You probably can BUT forget the SLI bit. Apple do not do SLI, if you put two cards in you will just gain the ability to drive four 30" monitors !! You will not gain anything at all in speed. (if that is what you were hoping for!)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.