Any way to watch my HDTV DVR on my Mac Pro?

Reaction score
I have a Direct TV HD DVR and I am looking at devices from plextor, elgato and even Pinnacle, but none of them let you watch HD from an external tuner (HD Sat DVR) using Component cables.
Any ideas how I would be able to accomplish this and maybe even transfer over some shows for later viewing?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Check to see whether your DVR has a Firewire port. I've seen some models sporting one, allowing you to hook it up to your computer to transfer movies.

OP
B
Reaction score
My Direct TV HD DVR has a USB 2.0 that I am aware of and that would certainly help with transferring shows.

The only other problem then becomes how to watch live HD off of the HD built in Tuner?

Thanks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
As far is can remember when i spoke to a direct tv customer service rep, he mentioned that the USB 2.0 port is for future use and currently nothing can be done. This happened 6 months back. Things could have changed now.

OP
B
Reaction score
Not great news... If I can just find a way to at least watch the Directv on my Mac I would be happy.
I think I can find a couple of other methods from ADS Tech for transferring.

Thanks...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.