Problems with VLC

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone posted this....new to the forum. Anyways, sometimes when i try to open vlc player, the player crashes and I would force quit and reopen and it works fine. why does this happen? why cant vlc player work fine the first time I try to open it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 12" iBook G4, 14" iBook G4 running Ubuntu 7.10
Kinda hard to say without any details....have you looked at the VLC website to see if this is an known issue??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro -- 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo / 2 GB Ram / 320GB HD -- iPhone 3G Black 16GB
I use VLC on leopard and never had a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 12" iBook G4, 14" iBook G4 running Ubuntu 7.10
I use VLC on leopard and never had a problem.

For the most part I have never had any issues with it. I had one install of VLC that for some reason I could only ever start from the command line. I ended up making a symlink to it in /usr/local/bin and just starting it from terminal, which worked great for me since I pretty much live in terminal anyway :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro -- 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo / 2 GB Ram / 320GB HD -- iPhone 3G Black 16GB
Not sure if anyone posted this....new to the forum. Anyways, sometimes when i try to open vlc player, the player crashes and I would force quit and reopen and it works fine. why does this happen? why cant vlc player work fine the first time I try to open it?

Have you tried reinstalling it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.