Partitioning Disk help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Here's my problem.

I've previously installed both parallels and Vmware fusion. Already uninstalled them , also have repaired the disk and verify/repair disk permissions . But the problem still persists

picture1uy2.png

Would really appreciate some help. Thanks!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Here's my problem.

I've previously installed both parallels and Vmware fusion. Already uninstalled them , also have repaired the disk and verify/repair disk permissions . But the problem still persists

picture1uy2.png

Would really appreciate some help. Thanks!

Here's what I recommend:

1) Reboot the machine (do not sleep and wake it, actually do a full shut down and restart)
2) If you have any programs set to open upon login, make sure they are disabled for now.
3) Run Disk Utility and do a verify and repair (if necessary) of the disk (not just the permissions).
4) Reboot the machine once again.
5) Open the Boot Camp Assistant and attempt to partition your volume. DO NOT PERFORM ANY OTHER ACTIONS DURING THIS TIME. No other programs should be open.

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Tried that too. I've read most of the Disk partitioning help threads. Following what exactly they do. It still doesn't work.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Tried that too. I've read most of the Disk partitioning help threads. Following what exactly they do. It still doesn't work.

Not sure what else to recommend then. That message is caused by one of two things - disk corruption or an open program interfering with the volume being locked. If you've eliminated both as a possibility, it should work.

Maybe try creating another user account for testing purposes, log into that one and attempt the same.

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bah.. Tried that too. Anyone else have any ideas? Not willing to format my macbook. =(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.