Powermac G4, (AGP Graphics)

Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure if this is the right forums, if not please redirect me.

But I am going to "inherit" a Power Mac G4.

I don't have a moniter yet, (Might, just might hook up to my T.V. temporally, also gonna get one later this year.)

But I'm doing some research on parts and stuff, and I'm not positive what model, but the sound things are vertical, and according to this its a APG?

What are some good sites for parts? Price is not a problem.

Thanks!

Mr. Quakens. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If it has the sound ports going vertical then it's either an Sawtooth or Gigabit Ethernet. Both are the same except for the Gigabit has a Gigabit ethernet port.

I agree with Harry on where to start looking. Excellent place with very good service also.

OP
Mr. Quackens
Reaction score
Yep it's a APG

Well I made sure it was a AGP, but what is the port next to the power?

Also i heard there was a cap on the ammount of gigs on the possible hardrive?

Such as if you have a 200 gig it limits it to 180?

One last question, if I upgrade a few parts to the specs of a newer mac, could I then use parts for that?

Such as, for the 500mhz you can get a new graphic card, like a Rad 9800? but with the 450mhz you can only use a Rad 9200.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It limits the drive to 128GB however you can get around this by installing a PCI Controller card. Go to OWC and you will see them advertised. For the rest you better wait until you have it up and running, check out the model number on the back.

A program called MacTracker will assist with that. Also check the firmware is current, 4.2.8f1. You cannot install OS X without that. Get back to us from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.