Bootcamp with Vista upgrade disc

Reaction score
I don't think it will work but I bought a Windows Vista Ultimate upgrade disc thinking it was a full version, and I was wondering if that would still work with bootcamp. Thanks.

Reaction score
it probably will if you do the following.

install vista and don't input serial.
once it is installed do a clean install over the current install (within vista) now put your serial in and allow the install to complete. It's just a workaround to do a clean install with an upgrade disc which should also allow you to use your upgrade disc with bootcamp.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
it probably will if you do the following.

install vista and don't input serial.
once it is installed do a clean install over the current install (within vista) now put your serial in and allow the install to complete. It's just a workaround to do a clean install with an upgrade disc which should also allow you to use your upgrade disc with bootcamp.

Note that by doing this, you would essentially be violating Microsoft's EULA. Discussion of which, would be a violation of the forum rules (specifically, discussion of illegal activity).

To the OP: Boot Camp requires a full version of Vista or XP. Upgrade editions are not directly supported.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.