Virtual PC is Garbage!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
leemoreau said:
K here is a screen shot of where it is. It's not in the virtrual PC list its in the menu. You have to have windows xp running then click where I have in the screen shot.

Instead of uploading PDF's :mad: , use this application for screen shots. it's much easier! Creates JPG's, to save. Just drag the image to your desktop, then upload as normal. You can use it to grab images of DVD's too. Handy init?

:mac:

View attachment SnapNDrag.zip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
hype.it said:
Instead of uploading PDF's :mad: , use this application for screen shots. it's much easier! Creates JPG's, to save. Just drag the image to your desktop, then upload as normal. You can use it to grab images of DVD's too. Handy init?

:mac:

* clears throat * um, this snap and drag app is useless, if you look here , I gave some extremely good shortcuts for these same things snap and drag does, but in mac os x its free. and as far as making it a jpg, no one seems to realize the power of Preview, it comes with os x, just open your pdf screenshot with it, and go to file,
export, select jpg, and thats it. :mac:

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of or had experience with SoftWindows 98? I jsut came across it the other day...
They were comparing it to VPC ( when they were matched) and SoftWin. ran a lot faster they said. But it seemed to have more compatability issues..
Not sure.
It is hard to find information about it
Any ideas?
-Kev

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I had copy long ago. I really don't remember how well it worked. I do remember it was tough to configure it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB G4. 15" 512MB RAM & EMac G4 superdrive
I think I have a really bad understanding of what VPC is. I thought you ran it on your Mac as a means of viewing PC type files etc... I didn't realize it meant you had to be running a Windows OS. Heck thats why I made the switch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
when you say it runs decent.. what do you mean by that.. have you tried running ms office - word / excel etc?

OP
E
Reaction score
Not office but I just used MS Project for about an hour, had no problems at all, slightly slow the odd time but u barely notice, I honestly forgot I was even emulating it when I was using it. Ran totally fine for me so I'm sure word and such would as well. I wouldn't say it runs fast enough that you'd be able to use it as an OS, like surfing, chatting, doing lots at once. But once you actually get Project or whatever running its really fast, only time its a bit slow is if ur like switchin gbetween programs and it has to redraw them etc.

S

seannola

Virtual PC is GARBAGE b/c WINDOWS XP is garbage!! See screen shot...

It's not Virtual PC that's garbage!!!It's Windows XP!!! I've been working on getting it to run properly for several years, just as a hobby...so it's been a labor of love and a way to learn the inferior OS.
See screen shot and note I sent to Apple recently!!! I'm sure you'll approve! Thanks, Sean

View attachment ThanksAppleSorryXP.pdf

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
why would you spend all this money on a mac computer to only run a emulated version of windows, it makes no sence at all. Just find applicatations that are mac compatiblle.

B

braniffman

PowerBookG4 said:
why would you spend all this money on a mac computer to only run a emulated version of windows, it makes no sence at all. Just find applicatations that are mac compatiblle.

My thoughts exactly :)

Thomas

Reaction score
PowerBookG4 said:

Yeah, no kidding
nuts.gif

G

gesteves

PowerBookG4 said:

Because I still haven't found a way to open Visio files on my Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.