I deleted photo booth by mistake.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
You mean you:-

a) Made it disappear from the dock?

b) You actually went into the applications folder, moved it to the trash and then emptied the trash?

In the case of a) you need to open the applications folder and drag the photobooth icon on to the dock.

In the case of b) I'm not entirely sure, though I do wonder how on earth that one happened.

Reaction score
First off, is it really gone? It should live in the Applications folder at the root level of your hard drive. If you just deleted the alias of it from the dock then just click and drag the program to the dock, it will automagically reappear. However, if you did delete from the Applications folder you can reinstall it from your System Installation disk, Custom Installation.
Welcome to the forum!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
google pacifist. that should let you reinstall it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
I did this too a while back. Well, not me, but my friend (Mac noob) deleted it. Just pop in your restore disc and open it in finder, then select "Optional Installs", it's on that.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums, lissa78

I doubt you'll get an answer. This thread is 10 years old. But thank you for posting.

If you have a similar problem start a new Thread.

Ian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks Ian. Very likely a spam post. I removed the advertisements from her signature line.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.