problem with download big program (400MB)

Reaction score
Hello

thanks for the nice forum

i want to download program (JDeveloper ) and its size around 400MB
every time i download its hangs or stop in first 50 MB and i must return it second time so it begin from 0 KB
i used download plugin from Safari

is there any program that keep downloaded size and continue where the last time finish ?

i hope my need is clear because iam not an english native speaker ;D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need a download manager program that will allow you to resume without losing what you've already received.

I just did a Google search and found three of them. However, they're shareware and require a registration fee. You might have better luck and find one that's free or maybe someone else will suggest one.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day Elsa and welcome to the Forums.

Your post does not say but presume you are using broadband of some description? If so should not fall out after 50MB if set up properly. If you are using dial up big problems as the file is just too big and that 50MB will probably be the two/three hour limit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.