Digitizing my photos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5ghz, 4 gig Ram, 250 hard drive, 512 nvidia
Hey Guys, I am looking at converting all my photos to digital. I have converted all my music and even all my paper files are digital so photos is the last task to tidy my world.

So I have top of the line fujitsu scanner which i use through windows as no mac drivers.

I have scanned some photos in via adobe standard and the results are not fantastic. If I increase the resolution then the size increases.

So in a nutshell can anyone recommend a way forward either through windows or mac software for this task. I can only use the mac way if I can find drivers for my scanner which is a FUJITSU fi-5220c.

I can use windows via fusion and drop the files in to mac.

Thanks in advance.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5ghz, 4 gig Ram, 250 hard drive, 512 nvidia
come on i had the impression you guys were into snaps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
It depends on what you are planning to do with the results when you are done. I scan a lot of pictures, and at fairly high resolutions. I keep the original scan, large as it is, as a sort of "digital negative". Then I process the file through Photoshop to reduce its size and enhance it as needed.

I tend to save most of my finished scans at 1400x1050, a comfortable size for viewing on my PC and Mac monitors. Those that I want to print present no issues - I can go back to the original scan "negative" and print from there, thus getting all the resolution I need for whatever size print I want.

That is what I do...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.