• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Date for MacPro update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.8GHz Dual Quad Core
Need to buy a MacPro soon. We're getting to the time of the year where updates sometimes occur so I was wondering if any upraged could come to MacPro systems in the next month.

Thanks!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
No one knows but Apple, anything else you read is mere rumor and speculation. Apple is among the most secretive companies in the industry about new product releases.

Buy the machine you need when you need it and it will continue to serve you well long after an updated model is released.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I highly doubt it. The first Mac Pro was released in August of 2006 and the first update, only to add the 8-core to the lineup (no other spec changes were made), was in April of 2007. The third and most recent update was in January of this year.

I know that doesn't answer your question. The fact of the matter is Apple never releases a single word of information about release dates or hardware changes until the day the new model is released.

I would suspect, seeing the first overhaul of the lineup was a year and a half after the first model, Apple probably won't release a new Mac Pro this year or do any little tweaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.