problems with screen. please help!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 13" i5 8GB 1TB - OSX/UBUNTU/WINDOWS
hi

i just dropped my i book g4 and now the scrren has loads of lines across it i still get my normal desktop but it has lots of lines that keep moving. they are not physical lines. i think maybe the graphics chip has come loose or something but i dont really know. can anyone help me please.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
hi

i just dropped my i book g4 and now the scrren has loads of lines across it i still get my normal desktop but it has lots of lines that keep moving. they are not physical lines. i think maybe the graphics chip has come loose or something but i dont really know. can anyone help me please.

It's likely that the flex cable is no longer properly seated. That's the cable that connects the screen to your systemboard. If you feel comfortable with disassembling your computer, you can use the tutorials on ifixit.com to expose the cable and unplug and reseat it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
Yea this happened to my dell and it was just that the cable was a little loose, should just go back to normal once seated properly again

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks guys i will give it a try

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hi, maybe im gonna try the guide on ifixit.com, is it risky if i follow the instructions carefully. i assume i need to follow the instructions as if i was fitting a new screen. cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.