Travel Peripherals

Reaction score
When you are on the go with your macbook or macbook pro what Peripherals do you use or take with you?

eg,
Do you use an external mouse?
Do you take a small keyboard?
Do you take a hard drive or a small USB stick?
Do you take a Mini DVI adapter
etc..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Here's what I tent to take with me:

512MB Flash Drive
160GB External Drive for movies. It's powered by USB.
Mighty Mouse, in case I land somewhere with a desk.
USB Converter Pack, in case I need to plug any USB device in.

And of course, the most important:

StarCraft.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
Here's what I tent to take with me:

512MB Flash Drive
160GB External Drive for movies. It's powered by USB.
Mighty Mouse, in case I land somewhere with a desk.
USB Converter Pack, in case I need to plug any USB device in.

And of course, the most important:

StarCraft.

Dude, you are right on that. But I can't figure out for the life of me how to get it installed... how did you do it? I install it using OS X Installer, replace all files from the 10.5.2 patch download into the StarCraft Folder, and I Try run the game the wraith bounces on the dock, screen flickers and mouse ends up toward the upper left of the screen. What are the step by step methods you used exactly to do this? PM me them if you can, because I feel bad thread jacking.

But to OP:
It's all about how much you want to carry or have room for, or need. If you can use your trackpad just fine, don't need a mouse, but the convenience of a mouse is nice for quicker control of things. Only need an external if you have anything on it you think you may need for your trip. The more you bring, the more you risk losing. My mom works at North West airlines and finds about 5 flashdrives a day, a laptop here and there, multiple laptop mice, etc. They just end up going into a big lot and sold to a buyer if no one claims them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 2Gb, 250Gb, 10.5.2
Travel Accessories

When you are on the go with your macbook or macbook pro what Peripherals do you use or take with you?

eg,
Do you use an external mouse?
Do you take a small keyboard?
Do you take a hard drive or a small USB stick?
Do you take a Mini DVI adapter
etc..

I'm an IT professional (always on the go), so take the following with a grain of salt:
Mouse - I have two that I use. One Logitech MX Revolution and a Microsoft Trackball explorer. I swap them periodically so I always have one in my kit and one at my office.
Keyboard - No. I love typing on the MBPro keyboard. I do keep an Apple Keyboard at my office and at my home office with iStands.
Hard Drive - I carry a 320Gb Western Digital Passport as my Time Machine backup. I upgraded my internal hd to a 250Gb.
USB Stick - I have and carry 3. 1, 2Gb Lexar with software to clean up viruses, spyware, and back up user data. 1, 8Gb PNY with miscellaneous software and also to backup user data. 1, 2Gb San Disk Cruzer that houses the same software as my 2Gb Lexar. I feel the USB sticks are almost disposable at this point so I keep multiple copies.
DVI Adapter - No, I don't carry that with me on the road. I have one for my house that stays connected to my 19" Dell Widescreen LCD and one at my office for my 22" Widescreen Dell.

In addition to all of that, I keep a couple of extra USB cables, one firewire cable, extra battery, extra power adapter, iPod cables, iKlear to keep my MBPro clean, a couple of CD cases, a USB to SATA/ATA/ATAPI/IDE adapter to connect virus infected Windows hard drives to my MBPro, small surge protector, Moleskin notebook, mousepad, Airport express for use in hotels. I carry all of this in a rolling Samsonite bag that weighs as much as my son. I'm pleased that it rolls and my shoulder agrees.

Probably more information than you needed, but, I hope it gives you some clues as to what you may want to carry with you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
typically just my MM, but I usually don't travel far for long.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I take my power adaptor and it's case... don't really see the point in taking another mouse and keyboard when I have one built in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
Mighty Mouse
USB Thumb Drive
iPhone
iPod Nano
Wall plug/usb cable for iPhone (works with nano too)
Apple Remote

That's about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.