Loose bezel

Reaction score
Hi!

The upper left hand corner of my bezel is loose. It's kind of like popping out, but it's not really bad yet. I can press on it and push it back in, but as soon as I flip the laptop open or move the screen a tad, it pops back out again.

I read some instructions on removing the bezel, and there are two screws at the bottom, where the hinge is. But how does the top/upper area connect?

Thanks in advanced!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
How long have you had this MBP? If it's still under warranty/AppleCare then it is best to take it into an Apple store. They will be able to fix this for you.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks...I'm a little iffy about bringing it in because I don't want to be without it. I do have applecare, but just wondering if there's something that I can do on my own.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
For an issue this minor they should be able fix it for you right there and then at the genius counter.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yeah, I agree with the others. If you've never disassembled a laptop before, the MacBook Pro is a bad one to try to learn on as it can be more than a bit tedious to disassemble. Take it to the Apple Store and let them address it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.