bootcamp 2.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
hey, i was wondering how to find out if your computer is running bootcamp 2.1 already. i dont want to waste 200MB of downloads if i already have it... also, do i ned service pack 3 for xp?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
hey, i was wondering how to find out if your computer is running bootcamp 2.1 already. i dont want to waste 200MB of downloads if i already have it... also, do i ned service pack 3 for xp?

Open Applications, Utilities, Boot Camp Assistant. It will state in the properties box what version it is. Mine says version 2.0 which I believe is the latest - at least I have not received any updates to it. I'm also running Leopard 10.5.2.

As for XP SP3, I would wait a bit. However, if you're planning on installing XP using Boot Camp the instructions say XP SP2. Now whether that means XP SP2 only or SP2 and later, I have no idea. That's why I suggest waiting for now.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.