network printer driver problem

Reaction score
I'm trying to set up my new mbp to print from the printer (hp deskjet f340 all-in-one) hooked up to my network at home. My computer is the only mac in the house. I was able to find the printer in the system prefs window through the network, but my printer's driver was not on the list. I found the mac cd for the printer and installed the software, so the printer works when i hook it up to the laptop via usb, but the driver was still not on the list in the network section. I tried looking on the cd manually and i couldn't find the driver file. hp's website didn't seem to know that my specific model exists either. What can i do to get the computer set up for newtork printing? Thanks

Reaction score
I searched for your printer name on the HP site, and you were correct, no drivers there:Confused:.

The alternative would be to use a "Generic Driver" from Print and Fax or connect the printer to your Mac and sharing it over the network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.