Connection Problems

Reaction score
Hi, my MacBook is not connecting to a network. Its a on and off thing, and if i click on the connection "mike" for my router, it will say its connected but has no IP address and it may not connect to the internet. But then sometimes it will be connected and work fine. Also when i click to choose a connection "mike" is not on the list, but sometimes it is. This started completely randomly, and it was working fine yesterday. Is this a actual connection problem? or can it be my internet provider? TIA

OP
V
Reaction score
Air port is connected and i have a IP address there, but it still says it cannot find the server when i try to go on the internet. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
Air port is connected and i have a IP address there, but it still says it cannot find the server when i try to go on the internet. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Reset your wireless router to factory settings and setup a new wirless network.

OP
V
Reaction score
^^Tried that no luck, i got i connected once again, but then when i close the screen and open it looses the connection and i cannot get it back. Right now it is using someone else's connection around me, and the signal is low. This happened all of a sudden and its really getting on my nerves. Anyone else have any ideas, before i have to call the idiots at apple?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.