Cant get TC to wirelessly join my network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook v10.5.2
I have just bought an Apple TC 500GB and I managed to set it up via ethernet cables and back up my hard drive. I now have come to move it in the house and I want it to 'wirelessly join my network.' I have a MB and we have another MBP. All i want is for both of us to wirelessly back up and be able to print via the TC. I don't need it for internet access as we have a BT Home hub.
I have reset it many times and tried to connect wirelessly but I have run out of patience - Please does anyone have any knowledge on this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
I have just bought an Apple TC 500GB and I managed to set it up via ethernet cables and back up my hard drive. I now have come to move it in the house and I want it to 'wirelessly join my network.' I have a MB and we have another MBP. All i want is for both of us to wirelessly back up and be able to print via the TC. I don't need it for internet access as we have a BT Home hub.
I have reset it many times and tried to connect wirelessly but I have run out of patience - Please does anyone have any knowledge on this?

When you setup your TC or do a manual setup from the airport utility there is an option to join to the existing wireless network. I never had to do this step but i have a pretty good idea to troubleshoot this issue. let me know if you gonna be in the mac-forums's irc channel and i might be able to walk you through the process.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.