any experience w/ SongBird player app

jah

Reaction score
reference:
itunes is slooooow, macbook pro 10.5.2 on a ntfs network.

SongBird 0.5, an open source itunes replacement.
i can build a library file and it displays with success but unable to play anything form it. the same title will play just fine on itunes but the itunes controls are very slow.

thanks everyone.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
songbird is still a bit young. tried it with similar results to what you seem to be experiencing.

a couple others you may want to try out:

audion
or
cog

OP
J

jah

Reaction score
COG: i downloaded it, with multiple servers no way to get a single common play list. seems to find and scan in a single directory on a server but not a whole hard drive on a server not. this one is the most lively of the bunch, actually makes noise. maybe play with this some more.

AUDION: again play list problems, seems you have to import files one by one. no automatic scan to populate a play list.

music is really important to me, bad the mac is so disabled.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
music has been integral to my life for at least 35 of my 38 years - i've found all sorts of solutions, including using itunes on mac and wmp on windows. it can be done pretty easily - even for those of us who really actively love, collect, listen to, and live through music.

as a matter of fact i'm using itunes and max to preview and rip my own cds at this very moment.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.