Safari Not Launching

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook, Mac OS X, 1.42GHz PowerPC G4, 512 MB
ive just updated my safari and it wont launch, i tried restarting clearing caches plists, even saw other posts on this matter tried all the things that were said and nothing.

i just reinstalled and older version 1.2 and still nothing, the application bounces and quits.

i did however notice after clearing caches and plists the application bounced more then twice but still never opened. im having the same problem with opening msn messenger and mercury messenger. my other browser firefox seems to be working fine.

but i need help please!

thanks

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
btw im running on 10.3.9

Reaction score
i have the same problem some1 help us

I am also having this problem my safari wont launch good thing i have firefox as well my mac messenger also quits unexpectedly after bouncing i have mercury messenger but i think its workin fine for now also my veoh player is not working either:'(

Reaction score
my messenger safari and veoh player were working fine 2-3 days ago also another thing that quits unexpectedly is checkin for updates so id have to manually download the thing if they are able 2 fix it

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah! i just checked that mine does the same thing! but how come your mercury works and mine doesnt?...this is soo frustrating!

i think the only way now to resolve it is through re installin the mac discs but i dont know where they are and i have no way to backup my files :( thats why im asking on here lol

hopefully someone will help us :)

Reaction score
hi guys,
I also have a problem with Safari since its last update, my safari before was running perfect but after the update, when I click to the link or change the tab in Safari, there is a beach ball spinning, sometime it took a few seconds and sometime it took a few minutes, it is really annoying.

Is there anyone have the same problem?

Thanks

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hey stevegate,

i heard about that problem i dont have it my safari dont even open! (btw when you updated it did you you experience problems openin safari or did it just open as normal?)

have you tried deleated the plist which is in library>preferences. im not sure if itll work but its worth a try

Reaction score
Hi Pinky1107,

Thanks for the tip, i'll try. The problem has happened recently since i updated safari last time.

ops..I just open \library\preferences there are so many plist files and some folders of Adobe. I would like to make sure that Is it fine if I deleted all the files and folder in \library\preferences

Thanks

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry it the safari.plist :)

when you first updated it did the program open cause mine dont even open! so i just went back to my old version and its totally messed up :(

Reaction score
YAY ITS FIXED RE INSTALLIN MAC OSX leopard fixs the problems so somewhere along the lines of a recent update did it

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm this means im gonna have to search for my dics. and ive lost my external harddrive so i dunno how im gonna store my files....any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.