Sticky Mouse on Dual 1.8 GHz G5

D

DRBOB64

:eek:neye: I have recently got a new G5. Initially the optical mouse worked smoothly. Since temporarily plugging in a USB MIDI interface into the 2nd USB port on the keyboard the pointer has taken to pausing for about 1 -2 seconds before moving with the mouse. This is very frustrating of course. I have replugged all the USB ports and checked the connections. The MIDI interface now has its own port but the problem persists. I have checked the Mouse system settings and minimised the delay with mouse movement.

Why do you think this has happened and how should I fix it? Thanks for any ideas.

System includes Dual 1.8 G5
Digidesign Digi002
MOTU MIDIExpress interface

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
try removing the midi interface and see if the mouse is alright. Also, see if its its just that specfic mouse, or all mice plugged into your g5

OP
M

macperson2

You might try another optical mouse. I have been using a Microsoft Optical Mouse on both a G4 with 9.2.2 and also on an iMac OSX 10.1 with no problems ever, it works great.

I would suggest buying at a local store that has a good return policy just in case you have to try a different model optical mouse from Microsoft.

The one I am using is the Intellimouse Optical USB.

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.