Office X / Entourage X Service Release 1

Reaction score
I am trying to find an update for Microsoft Office X called ‘service release 1’.

This is because my Entourage email database hit 2 Gbyte and has become unusable. I understand from information elsewhere that service release 1 expands its capacity to 4 Gbytes so I should be able to rebuild it (and then archive it!).

But there is no Office X support on the Mactopia site that I can find.

Does anyone have a link to the updater or can they email it to me? I've searched the internet and the forums here and not found it.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Microsoft

The 10.1.9 released in '07 contains all previously released updates.
As to whether it will work, haven't a clue.

OP
G
Reaction score
That worked!!

Bobtomay, a million thanks. I didn't find that update with searches on the microsoft site. It has done the trick.

After I updated Entourage it was able to handle rebuilding my email database, though it has grown to 4 Gbytes in the process.

OP
G
Reaction score
A small correction to my last post - the database didn't grow to 4 GBytes. That was the folder size as the rebuild utility stored a backup of the database there first, which can be deleted if the rebuild is successful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.