AppleTv itunes content storage

Reaction score
I just purchased an Imac and have been busy ripping content to work with my AppleTv's. I only have a 250gb drive in the imac. I would like to add storage. I have looked into three options and I am not sure what would be best.

1. 1TB firewire drive attached to the iMac.
*Pro - Easy solution. Plug it in and go.
*Con - Price is the same as the networked drive.

2. Lacie 1tb network drive.
*Pro - It has gigabit interface and 1tb for $269.99. Can daisy chain for redundancy.
*Cons - Mixed reviews about the speed. Is Raid 0 and not 1.

3. Time Capsule
*Pro- It include AE.
*Con - I can only afford the 500GB at the moment and TC is getting mixed reviews.

I am not sure what my best option here is. I really wish I could afford the 1TB Time Capsule and it had less negative reviews because then this would be a "no brainer".

Anything I am missing? Does anyone have a better solution?

I have an iMac 20" 2.0Ghz 250gb 4gb ram and 3 Apple tv's. I have roughly 500gb's of content now.

--Blair

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you are going to use this primarily for your AppleTVs, then I would definitely suggest going with option number 1 to make it easier on yourself in regard to accessing your media.

However, if you have several computers that you would also like to share the media with, then option number 2 makes the most sense.

OP
D
Reaction score
The storage will be only for the ATV's. I already have a small network drive that I use to backup my wife's XP box.
Thank you for the advice.

Regards,
Blair

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.