Touch wont play on the tv anymore

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24inch, 2.4GHz, 3GB, 500 GB
I have been using my iPod Touch to play converted movies on the tv but I plugged it in today and suddenly I only get sound - no picture. Before when I connected the Touch to the tv, I and pressed play I got the prompt - Do you want to play this on the tv? The picture/video on the Touch didnt move but it was output onto the tv. Now it only plays on the Touch - nothing on the tv.

Im using the Apple tv connector cable and have been using it successfully for the past 3 months.

Any ideas??

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
First thing to do is always, unplug the cable at both ends and re-plug them in to make certain nothing has come loose.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24inch, 2.4GHz, 3GB, 500 GB
Yeap, tried that. Tried to plug it into the front and the back tv plugs but no go. iPod works fine - I reckon it must be a problem with the TV ^ its getting old. Will try on a friends new tv tomorrow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.