Websites

Reaction score
Is there any particular reason why my iMAC does not work on some websites? I can get to the sites but either I cannot log in to the site. says invalid password or username or it tries to log on and it just continues to do so FOREVER. I can log in just fine with my Dell Laptop using the same name and password.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
One thing you can try is to install Firefox and see if it works any better than Safari. However, unless they are doing something strange, it should work fine. If you are getting invalid username/password errors, I'd suggest that it's working fine, but that something you are typing in may not be be correct, only because the authentication system seems to be receiving some type of input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
are you using IE on your dell or firefox? If you're using IE, try it with firefox and see if it still works. Do the same on you iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature
some sites, coughwindowslivemailcough, just don't wanna work in safari for some 'odd' reason.. just use firefox like the two before me have said and you'll be fine

Reaction score
I have a local bank here that I use to store some savings away, and I use the Internet banking to keep up with the total in the account....unfortunately the bank's site does not work in Safari, but works great in Firefox or Internet Explorer on a Windows machine.

So I'd probably guess your situation is pretty much the same as mine was. What's the solution? Do what Dysfunction and a few others suggested: download FireFox and you'll be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
this is soetimes caused by cookies...dlete the cookies & log in again...it should work

OP
BUSTEMOUTDOORS
Reaction score
I installed firefox on the mac and I still cannot log on to the two websites in question.:Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you tried firefox on the PC? If that doesn't work, it's poor coding on the site in question. They certainly never tested it cross browser platform.. and it doesn't meet the rfc's.

Reaction score
I have a site I can't log in to, and it's because Safari can't understand the certificate it uses, tho it gives no error it just keeps asking for my login. Firefox 3 betas have allowed me to use the site (with an error about the certificate) and IE 7 on Windows isn't bothered by it at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Link to the sites in question?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.2 ghz , ipod classic 80 gig and ipod nano 4 gig
yeah which sites are these??

OP
BUSTEMOUTDOORS
Reaction score
The two sites that I frequent regularly are www.camospace.com and www.huntingfootage.com . Camospace, when i put in my username and password it just sits there continuously trying to log on. huntingfootage, after I put in name and password it goes to the try again page and says either my username or password is incorrect. I have downloaded firefox and it still does not work. It works just fine on my pc with EI.
Thanks for all your replies and help. Hopefully we can figure this out b/c it sucks having to break out the pc to get on these sites. I would much rather use this mac. I have a lot of my business contacts on these sites and really need to get on to these. Thanks again for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Once again, have you tried to use these sites using FIREFOX ON THE PC?

Ok, So I just registered and logged in to www.huntingfootage.com with absolutely no problems using firefox v3 for OS X.

www.camospace.com pretty much isn't responding at all, although I did create an account successfully there too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
try downloading the extension for firefox ietabs... it might want ie

Reaction score
Is it possible that you're using the wrong password? I know I usually save my passwords into my browser, so in some cases I don't get them right on other computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, they both work in Firefox v2x on the PC, and the first one works in firefox on os x. Besides, IE tab won't work in OS X.

The one that gives a bad password return very likely is that, since it works fine for me regardless of OS or browser version.

OP
BUSTEMOUTDOORS
Reaction score
I am typing in the correct user names and passwords. I have even for huntingfootage put in numerous times a request for new password and have changed it to one that a 4 year old could guess and it still will not log me on. I know the username is right b/c it sent me an e-mail to change my password.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I just successfully logged into camospace using Safari. Maybe try clearing your cache and cookies and try again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
try downloading the extension for firefox ietabs... it might want ie

i think the extension actually needs IE to be on the computer/only works on windows?

try this:

go to safari>preferences>advanced> find 'show develop menu in menu bar', tick it off> then go to the new develop menu (while using safari) and select user agent--> and play around with the web browsers. don't know if it'll work, but just a thought, any questions just ask... :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.