What software do I use to make flyers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 2.8G, 24", 2 gig ram and it feels good
I want to make some flyers, signs & other stuff of this type. What do I use for that? Is there ianything like Publisher that exists on the Mac already installed or do I need to layout some more cash?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Try iWork. Pages to be exact. You can download a free trial from Apple. There are some pretty nice templates in there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I agree with Eric. I use Pages for this sort of thing and it works great!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So something as simple as this is not free?

Reaction score
Well Publisher isn't free either, it's like twice as much as the whole iWork package, isn't it?

If you want something free you could try Scribus. It's kind of like an open source InDesign.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
True, it isn't free but I have never paid for it.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
If money is an issue then try NeoOffice--and use the supplied word processing program to add some text and graphics and WHAM! You got a flyer.

I can remember back in school our school system only had Word, Excel, and PowerPoint--and we had to "think outside the box" and make flyers via Word.

So if you can't afford purchasing iWork then use your creativity and create a flyer on NeoOffice.

Good luck! <><

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah,I need something cheap & easy. I don't want to make any purchases yet. At least with pc I can find something to work with, i don'tv know where to start with a Mac yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
So your complaint is you know where to find PC warez? That's actually kind of funny, and you probably won't find any pointers here.. it does, after all, violate the registration agreement here.

Just as an FYI
iWork runs about $60 for a proper retail license, compare that to Publisher.. there's also a free 1 month trial that you can download.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah,I need something cheap & easy. I don't want to make any purchases yet. At least with pc I can find something to work with, i don'tv know where to start with a Mac yet.
Textedit - create wonderful ASCII art flyers!

Pages has some great designs built-in... but quality usually comes with a price - regardless of your OS.
Neooffice is a free alternative, but it takes longer to create something that looks half as good as a 2-minute job in Pages IMO.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So your complaint is you know where to find PC warez? That's actually kind of funny, and you probably won't find any pointers here.. it does, after all, violate the registration agreement here.

Just as an FYI
iWork runs about $60 for a proper retail license, compare that to Publisher.. there's also a free 1 month trial that you can download.

I am just trying to get some quick help because I had something I needed to do right away & I don't know the first direction to even go to beginning to look for certain types of programs. I once knew the name of anything I needed right away & now I know nothing.

I saw iWorks but I didn't know what it did, I saw Final cut & I knew right away so I bought it. I was just asking to pick others brains, maybe they know something I don't.

I just spent almost $2500, cash is going to be an issue alright.
Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Yep, I know the feeling. After delivery I got the trial, used it, liked it. Ordered it online.. then got Office free from work the next day :eek: But I still use iWork more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
maybe use a graphics editor for this? like gimp, takes a week to learn, but it works somewhat like photoshop

or use Scribus as someone else recommended

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Adobe Illustrator. There's a trial software for 30 days. Try it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
check out neooffice.org its freeware and its supposidly pretty good. If you want something more advanced for more creative work space try the program called "gimp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz Core 2 Extreme, 500+500GB HD, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.5.1
Adobe Illustrator. There's a trial software for 30 days. Try it.

Hmmm thats what I would have suggested, but Illustrator is more of an advanced software, perhaps not as straight forward as is required.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.