MSN Messenger & Apple iChat Problems...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz, 4GB Ram, 200GB 7200rpm HD, Glossy - 1TB Time Capsule - 16GB iPhone
Hi all,

Well its only been a day and i have encountered my first little problems, tee hee. i think its just me being silly but i have tried everything and am unsure about my next step.

Before i get to the problem please forgive me if this problem is posted anywhere on this forum i did have a quick search but didn't uncover anything similar to what i am about to ask.

Ok here goes...

1) I am a .mac member and have tried to sign into iChat with this id, however every time i do this i get an error which says the following "The host refused the connection, please try again later."

2) I have just installed Microsoft office:mac and it came with MSN messenger however every time i try and sign it it says i am not connected to the internet, even though i am otherwise i couldn't write this.

Many thanks in advance...

Kyle :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (early 2006): 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, OSX Leopard and iPod 5th Gen 30GB
Hi kyle,

First of all, with the iChat, if you literally just signed up, then tried to sign in, the servers need to refresh their list of usernames, so it may just be that.

as far as MSN problems go, I use aMSN. It's much better than any Microsoft mac clone, and it's almost exactly the same as MSN :)

you can find it here

Hope this is helpful :)

Take care

Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.