Just Sold My Mac Have A Few Questions

Reaction score
I just sold my mac pro on ebay. I'm transfering all my files onto an external hard drive but I was wondering how reset the system. I know how to wipe the hard drives clean, but how to a make the mac start up like it does when it's brand new so the new owner can put in his info to set up his new system? I've never done this before so I'd much appreciate any info. Thank you.

Reaction score
Just give the new owner the installation disk(s) that came with the computer. If I were the new owner I would want to set it up from scratch. But hey, that's just me ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I just sold my mac pro on ebay. I'm transfering all my files onto an external hard drive but I was wondering how reset the system. I know how to wipe the hard drives clean, but how to a make the mac start up like it does when it's brand new so the new owner can put in his info to set up his new system? I've never done this before so I'd much appreciate any info. Thank you.

Did you zero out the data on the HD(s)?

When I sold my Mac Pro, I zero'd out all of the data on all of the HD's and installed Leopard on the largest HD. Just do the normal install, eject the disc, and power it off. Of course, you'd have to give them the OS discs you used as required by eBay and Apple's EULA. This would make it startup like new the first time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.