Installing Vista on MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2 GHz Intel Core Duo Mac OS X 10.5.2
Hey Everyone,

I'm installing Vista Ultimate on my MBP; my dad works for a computer company, so I get all the software I want. My question is wether to install the 32-bit or the 64-bit version. Thanks!

lampshade_party

Reaction score
probably 32 bit version id say
it doesnt really matter anyone cos vistas rubbish no matter which version you get

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6 ghz, 4gb RAM, 250gb HDD 7200rpm, 15" glossy display
The 32 bit version would be better as you could run more programs that are compatible and doesn't take up to much of your memory or power. Can i just ask... why would you install a microsoft OS that is a copy of MAC OS X (and worse than Mac OS X i might add) on a mac???? Use leopard it is awesome... although i understand if you are using it as a parralel for gaming. However, if you want it for gaming then XP would be better as it is even more compatible than vista and doesn't drain your RAM so much.

OP
lampshade_party
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2 GHz Intel Core Duo Mac OS X 10.5.2
thanks for the quick response guys; the only reason i installed vista on the MBP was to see if it would recognize my video camera, so now i'm going to uninstall it. what a waste of time, haha.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.