Messenger for Mac .dmg file...

pod

Reaction score
I have just downloaded MSN Messenger on to my iBook via the Apple site.

On completion, 2 files/icons appeared on my desktop: a .dmg file and a Microsoft Messenger 'hard disc'(?) icon (I think this one is the actual Messenger Application?).

Where am I supposed to put these 2 files on my mac, as I don't want to leave them on my desktop where they first appeared.

Initially, I put both the 'files' into my ibook's 'Applications' folder, but when I quit Messenger after an initial look and then tried to launch it again it didn't work as the application could not be found?!

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
ctrl click on the Msoft Messenger 'hard disk' and read what kind of file it is...
if its an application put it in the applications folder, and then drag to ur dock, if its anything else, eject/delete it and double click the .dmg file...

then u should prob figure it out from there.

although i do wonder why it looks like a hardrive...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
You need to double click the .dmg file. When it opens, the app file should be there and you drag IT to the apps folder. I'm not sure about the other file on your desktop - I had the same problem with an app I downloaded yesterday and I sent that file to the trash can... I'll be interested to hear what others do with those extra files...

Noel

J_K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Mhz, added superdrive and 320gb HD
When I try logging into msn messneger, it say there are updates which I download.

The file that comes down is a .bin file but what do I do with it??

p.s. Sorry for hijack...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
When I try logging into msn messneger, it say there are updates which I download.

The file that comes down is a .bin file but what do I do with it??

p.s. Sorry for hijack...

thats odd...

maybe just download a new copy?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.