the infamous boot camp problem...

Reaction score
ive been trying to install windows on my mini mac (leopard) with no success.

first i created a partition with boot camp, then when i tried to install windows, i got to the blue screen, copied the files, but then i get disk error when it reboots

in the apple page it says you must format that partition, but theres no place to do that, as the windows installer does not provide that option

i tried, too, making a new partition with the windows installer, but then it says that i have a missing or corrupt hall.dll file

so, in short, what should i do to get windows working on my mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2 GHz Intel Core Duo Mac OS X 10.5.2
when you're in the boot camp assistant, you should come to a place where you select a partition to install Vista or XP on; when you click the partition you made for Windows, there should be a little tool bar like thing under the list of partitions and one of the options is format; hope that helps!

OP
L
Reaction score
when you're in the boot camp assistant, you should come to a place where you select a partition to install Vista or XP on; when you click the partition you made for Windows, there should be a little tool bar like thing under the list of partitions and one of the options is format; hope that helps!

i cant happen to find that little tool bar

is there a screenshot available?

thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.