Good router for Mac OS

Reaction score
Hi

I have two macs, and iMac and a Mac Book Pro, both new and both running Leopard.

I have had them linked to the web via a DLink router that has now broken.

The Dlink router that I had was an old model so I decided to buy a Netgear ADSL Wireless Router.

This does work with the Mac but loading certain pages can take ages and sometimes they dont load at all. I have windows XP running via Pararells and this is loading the said pages in no time so it's definiely a problem with the mac.

Could you recommend a good adsl router that does work well with the mac?

Do Apples Airport stations work with ADSL or are they just for cable?

Thanks

Ricky55

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
You will need a cable modem in addition to the Airport Extreme.

Here's a picture of the back of the AEBS:
specs_ports20080115.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm currently using the Linksys WAG200-G. It is a G spec router with ADSL built in. If you want 'n', linksys has one of those as well. And very easy to set up.

J_K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Mhz, added superdrive and 320gb HD
I've just got a linksys WAG325N and it great.
I run a mixed network now and it took me 3 minutes to completely set it up including WPA2 security on the wireless.

When I say mixed network, I mean mac and PC and wired/wireless.

Great bit of kit and being draft N, you get really high bandwidth wirelessly for transfering files etc.

WAG325N-AU.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Macbook
I couldn't explain how happy I am with the Airport Extreme N. I get a full signal compared to reduced ones on a G network.

It costs more, but for a reason. Applecare also extends a warranty on it to 3 years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I am currently running a LinkSys WRT54G. My wife and kids keep staking things on it, despite my warnings so I've resolved to let them destroy it. At which time I will replace it with an Airport Extreme. I hear it is an awesome router and, naturally, will work well with our Macs.

Reaction score
If you are prepared for the hassle you could try reloading the Mac OS. I have a D-link router that worked OK with my iMac when a Netgear Ragemax router would not . This was resolved by reloading the Mac OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am currently running a LinkSys WRT54G. My wife and kids keep staking things on it, despite my warnings so I've resolved to let them destroy it. At which time I will replace it with an Airport Extreme. I hear it is an awesome router and, naturally, will work well with our Macs.
I would also go in for the Airport Extreme. Just that out here it costs $300 for the Extreme which is way too much. For $180, I would pick it up in a heartbeat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.