Size of remote Zen MP3 player

Reaction score
Hi all,
When I attach this player to the Mac, to drag and drop mp3 files, I don't understand what the finder is telling me about the space left on the player. It tells me that I have 2.2mb of space but if I delete a large file on the player, say 500mb, it still tells me I only have 2.2mb of space. Could anyone throw any light on this.
The Zen is FAT16 format.

Confused (again)

Neil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Hi all,
When I attach this player to the Mac, to drag and drop mp3 files, I don't understand what the finder is telling me about the space left on the player. It tells me that I have 2.2mb of space but if I delete a large file on the player, say 500mb, it still tells me I only have 2.2mb of space. Could anyone throw any light on this.
The Zen is FAT16 format.

Confused (again)

Neil

Empty the trash and see what happens.

OP
N
Reaction score
thanks Eric559,
I guess as a mac newcomer, this is just one of those differences from windows?

neil

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i'm surprised you got the thing to show up properly on your mac to begin with. my sandisk player is nearly useless when attached to my macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
thanks Eric559,
I guess as a mac newcomer, this is just one of those differences from windows?

neil

Your welcome.

Yeah that's the way Mac OS is. I found it bothersome at first but now it's not a big deal. Works the same way with USB flash drives and external drives too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.