iTunes won't ever burn a cd.

Reaction score
I have an intel imac 2.0 ghz. I have leopard installed and when I try to burn a cd in itunes it won't burn. It just stays on the first song and never gets past the first one. I have tried many times and even reinstalled leopard. Still no fix. Any ideas? Any help?

yay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Any chance you have the application named Toast open?? or a similar application that would have the drive tied up?

OP
E
Reaction score
nope.. it just doesn't burn... i can burn data stuff and i can burn cds with toast.. but not an audio cd with itunes

Reaction score
Have you went to Itunes > Preferences > Advanced > and chose the Burning Tab--and checked to make sure your Disc Format is set to Audio CD? Lowering the preferred speed may help...

I'd also try another brand of CDs just to make sure that iTunes is not liking the particular brand you are using. I know it sounds weird, but it has happened to other folks....

moi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 15 inch
my problems with that blasted itunes,well the main one anyway,is that when i burn a cd i just cant find where to remove the pauses between tracks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
my problems with that blasted itunes,well the main one anyway,is that when i burn a cd i just cant find where to remove the pauses between tracks

I don't think you looked.

Preferences > Advanced > Burning

Gives you the option to remove the gaps between the audio tracks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.