LogicPro: Disk is too slow or system overload

Reaction score
"Disk is too slow or system overload -10010", I get this when I tried playing a demo track on the cd that came w/ Logic Pro.

Specs:

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
2GB of DDR2 SDRAM
160 GB 5400-rpm hard drive
Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor with 144MB of DDR2 SDRAm shared with main memory

HELP!?!!! Suggestions, answers, comments!?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
Are you using an external hard drive? If not, this MIGHT be the cause of the issue.
It is always the best practice to run audio data from a different hard drive than your OS. It should be firewire.
Beyond that, I can't help you because I'm a Pro Tools guy. Good luck!

OP
U
Reaction score
No I'm not using an external hard drive. Guess I'll try that after I exhaust whatever free methods there are first.

OP
U
Reaction score
I will try these when I get home. Have you been told that they resolve my specific issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
I have read the update has fixed that issue. (In most cases)

Most items I've read, usually bring up the link for their forums. Thought it may help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
What version of Logic are you on? I am assuming not version 8, because that's called Logic Studio, not Logic Pro.

If you're on Version 6 or 7, the issue will be you're running a PPC application on Intel, and the built in demos are very CPU intensive. If you're on Version 7.0, download the patches and updates to AT LEAST version 7.2, which is the universal binary. If you're on version 6, then you should really upgrade.

If you ARE on version 8, then I am baffled, because I can play all the demos, even if I replace the audio tracks with soft synths, with my Core Duo 2ghz Mac quite easily - even from the internal HDD. The only thing I can think of is that you have not copied the samples to the HDD, and the machine is trying to read them from the DVD, or that your internal HDD is particularly slow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
**Edit - I just realised you are using Logic 8, and are probably playing the demos from the DVD! You have to copy them to your HDD, otherwise the DVD cannot load in all the samples quick enough.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I was just going to say what Zoolook said, get those demos off the DVD and put them on the hard drive.

Reaction score
i got it while playing the demo track, picking up my mbp and tilting it a bit. Anybody know what is going on? Obviously i'm new to this mac-thing

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.