Kernel Panic every 8 days

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD.
Hello all, I am having issues. For some reason I am gettting a Kernel Panic every 8 days. No matter what program I am running on that day it seems to kernel panic. Where can I go to see what programs are running and what program or applications is causing the kernel panic. The first time it kernel panic on Finder, the on the next 8th day it kernel panic on Adobe InDesign, then the next 8th day it kernel panic on Adobe Illustrator. For some reason I think there is a process running every 8 days and that is what is causing the issue. Any advice will be helpful. Oh yeah I have a Mac Pro running OSX 10.5
Thanks.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You can try looking at your console log. Which should be in your application -> utilities folder.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I would try running an Apple Hardware Test to rule out any potential hardware issues. Kernel panics are generally caused by a severe fault, usually related to drivers or hardware. If your system is up-to-date, and you've already done some basic troubleshooting steps, it might be hardware related.

OP
NeoGreen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I'll run a hardware test on my Mac and post the results. Thanks for the advice. :)

OP
NeoGreen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I performed the Hardware diagnostic and no error or issues where reported. I also waited 8 days and no kernel panic. I am still keepin a close eye on it to make sure ti doesn't kernel panic again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.