mini with 10.5 Server

Reaction score
In our office, we have about 10 people with Macs. They range from old iMacs to new iMacs, Mac Pros, and even some G4's.

I'm trying to figure out a plan for a network and we have a Mac Mini that we're not really using. I'd like to install Leopard Server on the Mac Mini, and then attach something like Drobo as a central storage unit. Everyone would access that drive and work with files from that drive.

Is this an efficient? or should I plan a little more?

Also, 3 of the stations (new iMac and two mac Pros) do a lot of graphics and video intense work. Right now, we have a 1TB drive connected to each Mac Pro. So if I'm on my computer and I need to work on a file on my co-workers computer, I have to connect to his computer, navigate to his external drive and then to the file. That's why i'm thinking the Central Storage device would work best.

Reaction score
That should work fine as a central drive. You can have up to 10 people connected via AFP to a Mac running leopard so you should be good on that front.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.