• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Welcome back, Mr. Bush!

Z

zeppster

oh you are so ignorant...

civilians in Japan had nothing to do with that war, they didn't fire any shots, they didn't drop any bombs, and they didn't screw with any other countries. "The Japanese" is not even used correctly; The Japanese weren't at war, the government of Japan was. Just like I'm not at war right now, the soldiers are. Why should I be punished for other people killing in Iraq? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever read in a forum. And your calling ME ignorant. You need to seriously clue in here.
So in your opinion, the Japanese, Germans, Italians, British and American PEOPLE were not at war, just the governments? Was Iraq at war when it attacked Iran? When it invaded Kuwait? Was North Korea at war when it invaded South Korea? Or was it all just those bad governments that the people cared nothing for, but were pathetically helpless to stop? I'm not saying that every government represents all of its citizens (I'm so glad you don't think our represents you) and when the people have had enough of a current system, they will get rid of it one way or another. Unless I'm mistaken, your not being punished for anything right now. There is no draft, and no one is going to force into doing something you don't want. You can sit in your comfy chair and enjoy your TV and your liberties while other people do the dirty work. I'm sure you'll be able to sleep at night with your clean conscience.

You just seem to be very upset that Bush won and don't know what to do about it. Thats fine, I've been down that road before (Clinton 92 and 96) but it will pass, don't worry. In the interim I suggest you get involved in local or state politics instead of whining and moaning and making ridiculous statements in places such as this. Don't feel disenfranchised, now is the time for you to redouble your efforts. After all, the 2008 will be a REAL election with REAL choices, not a vote of confidence (or lack there of) for an incumbent.

Z

zeppster

Not that I have time to waste here arguing with you but you are so dumb... how can you think that the people in Iraq really want to be at war? DO you really think they want to be in the middle of this? Bush has screwed up so much that I think I'll just go into a hole for the next couple of years. I wish I could get pregnant so I would have an excuse to not be drafted.
Thats fine, I've been down that road before (Clinton 92 and 96)
What did Clinton do wrong?

here is some quotes from Mr. "Linguistic" Bush himself

"They misunderestimated me" - Bentonville, AK., Nov 6, 2000

"I know that it is hard for you to put food on your family" - Greater Nashua, NH. Jan 27, 2000

What a bad president

I

i love macs

im suprised it took so long for an attack like september 11th to happen. Americans as a whole seem to have no regard for anyone else. you guys got a huge wakeup call yet responded with the type of thing bound to make america hated more, by western countries as well as eastern

and on the iraq topic-y should america consider itself above the UN?

Z

zeppster

i love macs said:
im suprised it took so long for an attack like september 11th to happen. Americans as a whole seem to have no regard for anyone else. you guys got a huge wakeup call yet responded with the type of thing bound to make america hated more, by western countries as well as eastern

and on the iraq topic-y should america consider itself above the UN?

I know and thats why I hate when people are like "You Americans are blah blah" because I don't agree with what America is doing but I'm still classified as part of "the American evil".

I

i love macs

zeppster said:
I know and thats why I hate when people are like "You Americans are blah blah" because I don't agree with what America is doing but I'm still classified as part of "the American evil".

yeh sorry thats y i said americans as a whole. bush does a poor job of representing his ppl. but i guess just over half the ppl voted for him

Z

zeppster

The following was taken from Mirror.co.uk written by Ryan Parry

1 PRESIDENT Bush has spent more than $140billion (£87.5bn) on a highly controversial and unpopular war in Iraq.

2 HE was committed to capturing Osama bin Laden "dead or alive" then reversed his stance and said: "I truly am not that concerned about him."

3 WHEN asked at an April 2004 press conference to name a mistake he'd made during his presidency, Bush couldn't think of a single one.

4 HE ignored estimates from General Eric Shinseki that several hundred thousand troops would be needed to secure Iraq.

5 SINCE he took office, five million Americans have lost their health insurance cover.

6 BUSH'S top legal adviser wrote a memo to the President advising him that he can legally authorise torture.

7 VICE President **** Cheney (below) said Iraq was "the geographic base of the terrorists

who have had us under assault, most especially on 9/11". The 9/11 Commission found Iraq had no involvement in the attacks and no links with al-Qaeda.

8 IN May 2003, Bush landed on an aircraft carrier proclaiming "mission accomplished" and announced that major combat operations were over in Iraq. Asked if he regretted the stunt, he said he'd do it all over again.

9 IMAGES of firefighters carrying flag-draped coffins through the rubble of the World Trade Center were used to score political points in a Bush campaign advert.

10 MORE than 1,300 Allied troops and 19,000 Iraqis have lost their lives in Iraq.

11 AFTER weapons inspector Charles Duelfer said there was "no evidence that Hussein had passed illicit weapons material to al-Qaeda", Bush insisted: "There was a real risk Saddam would pass weapons, materials or information to terrorist networks."

12 BUSH sent troops into battle without adequate body armour or armoured vehicles.

13 FIVE times as many US agents have been assigned to investigate Cuban embargo violations as have tracked bin Laden's and Saddam's millions.

14 THE Bush administration let disgraced Enron boss Ken Lay - a close friend of Dubya's - help write its energy policy.

15 BUSH officials instructed the FBI to question people planning to protest at political conventions.

16 CHENEY told voters that unless they elect Bush, "we'll get hit again" by terrorists.

17 BUSH did nothing to prevent the US minimum wage from falling to an inflation-adjusted 50-year low.

18 DESPITE an al-Qaeda training manual suggesting terrorists come to the US to buy assault weapons, Bush has not acted on it.

19 **** Cheney said Americans "will, in fact, be greeted as liberators" in Iraq.

20 BUSH granted the 9/11 Commission just $3million (£1.8m) to probe the attacks, while the commission that investigated the Columbia shuttle crash got $50million (£31m).

21 MORE than three years after 9/11, just five per cent of all cargo - including cargo transported on passenger planes - is screened.

22 BUSH blocked efforts to allow Medicare to negotiate cheaper prescription drug prices for pensioners.

23 SINCE 9/11, Attorney General John Ashcroft has detained 5,000 foreign nationals in anti-terrorism sweeps - none have been convicted of a terrorist crime.

24 BUSH has openly opposed the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty, undermining nuclear non-proliferation efforts.

25 HE awarded a multi-billion-dollar no-bid contract to Halliburton - a firm that still pays Cheney huge sums in deferred compensation (Cheney is a Halliburton shareholder).

26 BUSH officials told Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan about plans to go to war with Iraq before telling Secretary of State Colin Powell.

27 RECORDS show that Bush performed no National Guard duty in a six-month period in 1972 and a three-month period in 1973, despite trumpeting his role.

28 BUSH relentlessly pushed an energy bill containing $23.5billion (£14.6bn) in corporate tax breaks - much would have benefited campaign contributors.

29 SECRETARY of Homeland Security Tom Ridge awarded contracts to several firms in which he is an investor - including Microsoft, GE, Sprite and Pfizer.

30 BUSH created a massive tax loophole for sports utility vehicles - allowing, for example, the write-off of the entire cost of a new Hummer off-roader.

31 BUSH said gay marriage was a state issue... before supporting a constitutional amendment banning it.

32 HIS top economic adviser, Greg Mankiw, said the outsourcing of American jobs abroad was "a plus for the economy in the long run".

33 AT the behest of the french-fry industry, Bush changed the definition of fresh vegetables to include frozen french fries.

34 BUSH slashed funding for the largest US public housing program, putting two million families in danger of losing their homes.

35 BUSH refuses to release 27 pages of a Congressional report said to detail the Saudi Arabian government's connections to the 9/11 hijackers.

36 TOP Bush officials accepted $127,600 (£79,750) in gifts from the Saudi royals in 2003, including jewellery for first lady Laura Bush valued at $95,500 (£59,687).

37 AFTER receiving a memo from the CIA in August 2001 titled "Bin Laden Determined To Attack America", Bush continued his month-long holiday.

38 BUSH has proposed cutting the budget of the Environmental Protection Agency by $600million (£325m) next year.

39 DURING the Bush presidency, North Korea has quadrupled its suspected nuclear arsenal.

40 THE Bush administration went to court to block lawsuits by patients injured by defective prescription drugs and medical devices.

41 A DAY after Bush bragged about his efforts to help pensioners afford healthcare, the government announced the largest increase of Medicare premiums in history.

42 AT the behest of the tobacco industry, Bush tried to water down a global treaty that aimed to help curb smoking.

43 BUSH is the first president since Herbert Hoover to have a net loss of jobs - around 800,000 - over a four-year term.

44 BUSH gave security firm Accenture a huge border control contract, despite the firm moving operations to Bermuda for alleged tax reasons.

45 IN 2000, Bush said: "The vast majority of my tax cuts go to the bottom end of the spectrum." Yet the top 20 per cent of earners received 68 per cent of the benefits.

46 IN 2000, Bush promised to cut the national debt to a historically low level. On September 30, it stood at $7,379,052,696, 330.32 (£4.6trillion), a record high.

47 BUSH turned a $236billion (£147.5bn) economic surplus into a $422billion (£263bn)deficit.

48 HE ignored Red Cross pleas to stop the abuse of prisoners in US custody.

49 BUSH broke his pledge to place limits on carbon dioxide emissions.

50 BUSH once said: "You can't distinguish between al-Qaeda and Saddam when you talk about the war on terror", before admitting Saddam had no role in 9/11.

N

Nightblade

Sorry, but I just don't see how the annihilation of two cities, let alone one, can be justified. EVER. The two bombs combined killed more than 200 000 people! And these were civillians! Yes, some WERE soldiers (in Hiroshima, 2000 of the 140 000 killed were soldiers), but most definitely weren't. That's not to mention the tens of thousands more that were injured. And of course, those figures don't even include how many people got radiation-related diseases and disorders (including leukemia, from which many people died). Seriously, I never thought I would come across someone who can actually justify those attacks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Don't wanna argue about anything anymore but someone justifying dropping Nuclear Bombs is just sick :closed:

Z

zeppster

You can't justify killing anyone no matter what they did or how you killed them, its not right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Strider said:
Don't wanna argue about anything anymore but someone justifying dropping Nuclear Bombs is just sick :closed:

I definitely agree with that...
Having different opinions is one thing, but trying to justify the most horrible attack in history is sick, a mental disorder.

Especially from soemone arguing on historic facts without really knowing about it (Iraq attacked Iran?!? When did that happen? It was Iran that attacked Iraq, and the US helped Iraq to fight against Iran, by giving them the needed weapons and raising their military leader to lead the government, Saddam Hussein. THAT's a fact!) Check your history books before arguing...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.