Send someone a text message reminder at a future date

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an online service, or even an application that I can install on my computer, that would allow me to send someone a text message (SMS) reminder at a specified date and time in the future?

IDEALLY - one that does not require that I 'confirm' the cell phone number of the person whom I will be sending the SMS message to (as I am not sending it to myself...)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Oh oh I know! Google Calendar!

You add appointments online and there's an option to add your mobile number as well.
Google will ask you to confirm the number first via sms, but once it's done you can just enter the appointements online and you'll receive a sms reminder in the time interval beforehand that you specify.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
iCal will do it as well.

You just need to add the phones email (SMS) address to the contact in the address book. [email protected]... or whatever the address is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
iCal will do it as well.

You just need to add the phones email (SMS) address to the contact in the address book. [email protected]... or whatever the address is.
Cool suggestion - hadn't thought of that before...
But it will only work if your provider offers an email to SMS gateway service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.