NDIF Disk Images

Reaction score
I've done some looking around for a while and still can't find an answer to this one. Posting this as a last resort even though I doubt there's an answer to solve the problem.

I've got a bunch of old disk image files I made back in '02 that have large graphic images of old artwork of mine. I archived them myself in OS 9.2.2, so I'm assuming I made them with Disc Copy 6.3.3. I burned them to multiple CDs. Later, I upgraded to OS X on that same desktop, but never tried accessing from that computer. I know they mounted fine when I was running OS 9 though. Now I'm running a G4 iBook with a super drive. I don't remember actually doing it, but now I have them all on one DVD which I must have made with this computer when I first got it a couple of years back.

Now I'm trying to mount them to get some of those files out of there and I can't get any of them to work. Just says they aren't recognized. Along with trying to mount them in OS X, I tried mounting them in Classic with Disc Copy but that doesn't recognize them either. Refuses to try and convert them too. I know they are valid images because I made them myself.

Is it possible they just got damaged in the move and they aren't salvageable, or can anyone think of something else I could try to get these mounted in OS X (I'm running 10.4.11, PowerPC BTW). Is there some way I can inspect the files to get more details on them? Any software out there that will mount anything you throw at it?

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas.

Reaction score
One more reason to keep an old Mac around. You could then convert them to
Jpegs and move them on a thumb drive, etc to a new machine.
Good Luck to ya.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.