Dreamweaver CS3 strange FTP problem

Reaction score
Helllo,

I have just passed from windows to Mac .... I have installed Dreamweaver CS3
and I have imported all the site definition (like Host FTP, username, password, etc...) from the windows version

But when I try to connect to any server, I recive this error :
An FTP error occured - cannot make connection to host
no response from the server this may be due to one or more reasons:

- Accessing the server requires firewall settings that aren't properly set. Please verify that the firewall settings in the Site category of the Preferences dialog box are properly set, and that the Use Firewall option in the Site definition dialog box is selected.

- The server may be accepting only passive mode or only active mode. Toggling the "Use Passive FTP" checkbox may help you establish a connection.

- If you are connecting to an IPv6 enabled server, please select "Use IPv6 transfer mode" checkbox in the Advanced site definition dialog.

- Your local firewall may be blocking the incoming FTP data. Please disable it to see if it makes a difference.

- It is possible your FTP may be using a non-standard FTP port (21). If you need to specify a non-standard port, enter the port number after host name separated by a colon":".

I have tryed to use other FTP programs and I got mix results:

Cyber Duck and Fetch are working

Fugu and Filezilla for Mac do not connect to any server

I am clueless .... :Grimmace: .... can someone give me a hand?

thanks in advance :D

OP
S
Reaction score
I also tryed to install version 8 of dreamweaver .... and with this one I can connect to any sever!!!!

but How can I make Dreamweaver CS3 work???

I forgot to say that I got Leopard on my Mac with the latest patch.

Reaction score
FTP firewall settings

Helllo,

I have just passed from windows to Mac .... I have installed Dreamweaver CS3
and I have imported all the site definition (like Host FTP, username, password, etc...) from the windows version

But when I try to connect to any server, I recive this error :

I have tryed to use other FTP programs and I got mix results:

Cyber Duck and Fetch are working

Fugu and Filezilla for Mac do not connect to any server

I am clueless .... :Grimmace: .... can someone give me a hand?

thanks in advance :D

In Dreamweaver check your FTP firewall settings, make sure you have at least a 20 second FTP time-out.
My Dreamweaver (been using it for a year, somehow reset itself to a 2 second timeout and I could not FTP at all)
Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.