Database software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, iPhone4, iPhone 3G, AppleTV, MobileMe
I am a band director with about a dozen bulging file cabinets full of music. I would like to create a database cataloging the hundreds of titles I have. It should have the ability to run a search on several different criteria.

I do not have any experience creating a database, so it should be simple enough so that even a musician can put it together.

Any suggestions on good database programs available?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Either FileMaker Bento or NeoOffice's database should work for you. Bento is probably easier to set up, but it's $50 ($100 for a family pack) and requires OS X 10.5. (There is a free trial download.) NeoOffice is free.

Reaction score
I keep a very large database with one field being a "memo" field. I am currently using NeoOffice but at some point will at least try Bento.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, iPhone4, iPhone 3G, AppleTV, MobileMe
Tried and using Bento. Great program, very versatile and easy to use. Thanks for the help

Reaction score
UPDATE: Downloaded the trial version of Bento Sunday. Love it! Will be switching over. What a great program.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.