iMac (new) not shutting down

Reaction score
When selected from the apple drop down, imac clears the screen, except for the background, but just sits there with a spinning disc and never shuts down. Eventually I unplugged it. I was wary of doing this in case it corrupted an application, as sometimes can happen on Windows machines.
Any ideas anyone.
OS is latest up to date Leopard.

Thanks

Neil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Soulwar.
I went to an Apple store today and they had never heard of this problem before. They suggested same as you, the SMC.
Wierdly, when this happened I did as I would do on Windows and held down the power button for a while - nothing happened. Maybe I have a hardware issue?
If it happens again I will take to the Apple store.

Neil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Thanks for the info Soulwar.
I went to an Apple store today and they had never heard of this problem before. They suggested same as you, the SMC.
Wierdly, when this happened I did as I would do on Windows and held down the power button for a while - nothing happened. Maybe I have a hardware issue?
If it happens again I will take to the Apple store.

Neil
I would do the same as well. It's new and you shouldn't have to worry about it.
If there is a hardware problem though, they'll take care of it.

Good Luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.