how to stretch a wireless signal ?

Reaction score
i have a wireless modem located in my living room which sends a signal about 30 or 40 feet, but i want to run it all the way to the other side of my house where my room is.

one problem is, there is a thick stone wall in the way, which prevents the signal from traveling all the way to my room.

Can anyone suggest a system to stretch my wireless signal? I thought maybe I could use an airport express, but perhaps there is a cheaper solution?

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
ye... i want to know to, how to link two routers, or w.e. the term is

Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
What about an airport express? I think those can pick up wirelessly, as well as transmit the signal. Correct me if I'm wrong though, but I think that is right.

Reaction score
What about an airport express? I think those can pick up wirelessly, as well as transmit the signal. Correct me if I'm wrong though, but I think that is right.

You are right...it can be used as a repeater. I was just offering several other options that may help out. Thanks for the input though ogacon :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.