CS3 help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1,1 / 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core Xeon / 5 GB RAM / OS 10.6
I've been dying to ask this for awhile now, but I wanted to try and wait because I know the forums are filled with hundreds of posts requesting help, but this is starting to really get to me:

Issue#1: Colour Syncing is very off. Some CS3 programs, specifically Photoshop, display colours very differently than they actually come out. I think this may have to do with colour profiles, but I don't know how to fix it...

Screen Capture of Photoshop--click to enlarge

The Exported Image from Photoshop--click to enlarge

Screen Capture of Photoshop Colour Picker--click to enlarge

As you can see in the above screenshots, I select bright red, but end up with a dull orange-red. Even after I export the file and close Photoshop, if i open it with Preview, it still shows the same way. But if i open it up in another application (eg. Firefox), or any other computer, it shows up fine.

Issue#2: Photoshop says I'm running Mac OS 10.4.9, when I am running 10.4.11
Issue#3: CS3 is failing to recognize my 5 GB of RAM, only 3 GB.

Photoshop--click to enlarge

About This Mac--click to enlarge

After Effects--click to enlarge

Any and all help is much appreciated! I am a student in Graphic Design/Broadcast and so I depend on these apps every day for school! Thanks again! :)

Reaction score
Issue #1 - I'm assuming it has to do with RGB vs CMYK modes. Maybe you work in RGB but export/save as CMYK and you see color changes. Also the photo you provided is of the Apple Color picker, try changing back to Adobe color picker under preferences > general to see if it solves your problems.

Issue #2 - I don't know, sorry

Issue #3 - The CS3 suite are 32-Bit programs which is why it won't be able to see/use your 5 Gigs of RAM

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1,1 / 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core Xeon / 5 GB RAM / OS 10.6
Thank you so much! It's fixed. I switched the colour picker back to Adobe (not sure why Apple's was selected)! Thank you so much!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.