chicken of the vnc

Reaction score
Since upgrading to Leopard on my PowerBook G4, I can no longer log onto my Mac Mini with Chicken of the VNC.

Since doing the same on my Macbook Intel Core Duo, I have had no problem with C of the V.

It is rather important that I be able to reach my Mac Mini from the G4.

Any ideas?

John F

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Use screen sharing, built into leopard.

First configure screen sharing in System Preferences > Sharing

In Finder press CMD + K to get the connect to server

Type: vnc://ipyouwanttocontrol

Screen sharing will ask you for login of the screen you want to control.

OP
John F
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

When I tried to open screen sharing preferences, I was informed that "Screen sharing is currently controlled by the Remote Management Service".

Thinking that this might refer to Logmein.com, I uninstalled it and rebooted, but got the same message.

Any ideas?

John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Apple remote desktop client has a VNC option, and that's what Tiger users would have used for "unsecured" remote desktop.

You most likely have those options specified in the Sharing preference. Just uncheck Remote Management in the list. Unless of course you are using Apple Remote Desktop. Which I doubt is the case since you posted this thread with the intent to find a remote solution.

OP
John F
Reaction score
Chicken Remote

>> You most likely have those options specified in the Sharing preference. Just uncheck Remote Management in the list. Unless of course you are using Apple Remote Desktop. Which I doubt is the case since you posted this thread with the intent to find a remote solution. <<

Many thanks. It is now working just fine.

John F

OP
John F
Reaction score
Further to the above, I have found that Jolly's Fast VNC seems to work better than either C of the V or the screen sharing built into Leopard.

John F

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.