So How long did it take you to buy another one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
After maybe 2 weeks with my new Mac Pro at the shop, I'm absolutely loving it. So........I just ordered a refurb 24" from apple.ca for home. I can't handle pc's any longer. I still have 2 new laptops that will do what they do for now (till they get replaced with a macbook at some time) O:)

I'm so stoked, just about as happy as when I got my MP. I ONLY wished it could be a matte screen, but I sure couldn't pass up the 24" Of course I'll max out the ram from OWC.

Refurbished iMac 24-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Part Number: FA878LL/A
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
1GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 1x1GB
Accessory kit
320GB Serial ATA Drive
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Apple Keyboard (English) + Mac OS X
Apple Mighty Mouse
1 $1,589.00 $1,589.00
Ships by: 28 Apr - 30 Apr
Delivers by: 6 May - 12 May

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
Yeah, I'm dying to get an MBP. I picked up a 24" iMac last summer, and now I'm looking for something more portable. I just need to clear up some bills... :)

Sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I bought a PowerMac G5 just about 2 years ago now. I was hooked from the start. About two months ago I went out and got a MacBook Pro (from which I am entering this post) and I love it too. Apple makes GREAT products!

We now have two Macs in the house, 5 iPods, and an iPhone, and I am about to go out and get an Airport Express base station.

I am also itching to upgrade from my PowerMac G5 to the latest Mac Pro, but I haven't quite got all the money together for that yet. I am about half way there. Soon, soon... :D

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yay. I can/'t wait 4 days. I'm kind of excited to see how this single 2.4 and 1 gig/ram compares to dual 2.6ers and a decent chunk of ram.

Reaction score
I bought my first Mac last July, one week after I bought an iPhone. I was so impressed with the quality of the iPhone that I had to have a MBP to use with the phone.

Last March, I wanted another Mac. Had almost made up my mind to get a second MBP until I saw the iMac. Got the 20" and have been loving it. April came and I had to have another Mac so I bought a Blackbook.

Now I want another one. I've been going back and forth between a MBA or a 24" iMac. I'll probably go for the 24" iMac.

Who knows what will happen this summer when and if new laptops are released. Yes, I use all three of my Macs and I frequently have the iMac and BlackBook going at the same time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
Bought a G4 macmini in April 2005, then bought a 12 inch iBook in October 2005, then bought a white macbook in August 2007 then bought a 20 inch 2.16ghz iMac in September 2007. Finally bought a black refurb 2.16ghz macbook last month.

The macmini I sold when I left Korea in December 2006
The iBook i gave to my little sister in December 2006 as a christmas gift
The iMac I bought from a military friend being deployed for 800 and was offered 925 for it in February so I sold it.
The white macbook is my wifes
The black macbook is mine

I also own an 8GB ipod touch, 8GB ipod nano (new version), 4GB ipod mini, an airport extreme base station, an airport express and had a 30GB ipod video but gave it to my dad and a 20GB ipod I gave to my brother in law last month.

Way too much money spent on apple stuff but I love it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
The money that could be used to buy a redundant and inferior piece of equipment could be used to upgrade my machine with either more memory, monitors, audio/visual equipment, or a couple of tanks of ink for my printer.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are you talking bout hondagus?

Reaction score
Bought a 24" 2.4GHz 750 gigHD Aluminum iMac just before Christmas last year along with two 80 gig iPod Classics.

I just sold off some home theater equipment I wasn't using and now have more than $6k to play with ;D. Won a 30" ACD on eBay for $1225 (still waiting for it to arrive). Still trying to decide: quad or octo-core Mac Pro, but I should be ordering that within the next couple of weeks.

We have a Dell in another room of the house that gets light use, so I'm thinking about putting a mini in there for surfing & email.

James

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Depends how long it takes me to convince my wife I need a new one and that she can have my old MBP (old as in 1yr old, so going to take a while).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I bought 4 Macs in a year and four months. I wasn't satisfied with the MB so upgraded to the iMac and then the MP. Upgraded to the new MP because it was actually cheaper then just upgrading the video card in the older one.

2 Macs though is too many.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
only have one - for about a year and a half.

would love to get an imac if i had any money at all to put towards it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
I bought a powerbook g4 to discover leopard and mac for the first time

less than a week later I went to best buy credit card in hand and bought a macbook,(and sold my gateway) which i have bought an incase hard shell and incase laptop bag for, and soon a bluetooth mouse. a few days later i got the 4gb's of memory from new egg.

after owning my macbook for about 9 days i just bought a 16gb ipod touch. (and sold my ipaq)

im debating converting my desktop over eventually too, and just using windows xp via bootcamp for the gaming I do.

Ive caught a disease and I blame you all for it....hahha this forum is why this happened...lol

thank god i have decent credit ...... (for now......lol)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I find it hard to understand why people feel the need for constantly new stuff... it's like they're compensating for something else.

My journey to Apple certainly started with the iPOD (I got a 3rd gen 20GB iPOD in 2003). In the same year I got my last Windows laptop ever and in 2004 I build my last windows desktop (which I still have).

In early 2006, I started using my Wife's G3 and enjoyed it, but it has a few issues and would sometimes go to sleep and not wake up for days (lol but true). So I got her a new MacBook in September 2006 and was about to renew my own laptop anyway, so got myself a MacBook in October 2006.

I am very happy, but it we ever decided to renew the desktop, I'd get a Mac Pro, but for now, we use the screen with our MacBooks and the PC has not been switched on for about 2 years.

I replaced my 3G iPOD a few months ago with a classic, because the HDD started skipping.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I kept switching due to $$ issues. I bought the MB because I wasn't willing to pay $60 a month just for Internet service. I walked a block to Panara and used their free Internet for an hour a day.
I realized I couldn't edit photos on that 13.3 LCD so I swapped for the iMac. Although I hated the all-in-one design, I couldn't afford the Mac Pro. When I could, I made the plundge. Because I keep my machines in perfect shape, I never took much of a hit.

Now I am extremely satisfied and I'll keep this bad boy till it's grave. I may have a new computer by then, I hope this lasts 8 years plus, but it should make an excellent folding machine.

Reaction score
I have never owned multiple Apple computers at the same time, always sold one before buying another.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The main reason I wanted one at home is my sony desktop just was't cutting it for me. I just didn't even want to work on it. Honest. Plus now That I have mac software for everything I need at work, my flow isn't interupted with an inferior pc when I get home. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.